Sunday 13 August 2017

The Reading Quest Sign Up

Through a spectacular display of forgetfulness combined with procrastination I forgot to schedule this post to go up before sign-ups closed! I'm a genius. But this is such a fun idea and I was so excited to take part that I'm gonna go ahead and do the reading for it anyway - although obviously without being eligible for prizes! 

This challenge was created by Read at Midnight (sign up post and details here) and the artwork was created by 
CW of Read, Think, Ponder. The quest runs from August 13th to September 10th. 

This is a reading quest inspired by video games and as I am hugely into video games (particularly RPGs) this whole thing has fascinated me since I first heard of it. The first step is to choose a character class - which will dictate the books you will need to read during the readathon. This is a simple one for me because I am always a rogue. Stealth, daggers, archery - its 100% my deal and the book prompts for this suited me as well.

The Reading Quest Character Classes
Reading Quest Board 

My TBR:

A Banned Book: 
Annie on My Mind
Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden. Because OMG I have been meaning to read this for such a long time. 

A Book Cover With a Partially Obscured Face:
The Treatment
The Treatment by C.L. Taylor. I got a signed ARC of this at YALC and whilst my review for it wont go up until October I'm just way too desperate to read it to leave it that long!

A Book With <500 Ratings on Goodreads
Wanted
Wanted by Betsy Schow. Another YALC book. This is the sequel/companion to Spelled, I am a huge fan of fairy tale retellings too so this should be a good one!

A Book Published By A Small Press
Powerless
Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs. OK I struggled with this category because I'm not 100% on what does or does not count as a small press? I think Sourcebooks is a smaller press and I'm going with it for now. 

A Book With a One Word Title:
Invictus
Invictus by Ryan Graudin. Another YALC book (seriously YALC was amazing)! This is one of my most anticipated books of the year and I cannot wait!

Of course me being me I am likely to get lost in the side quests before I manage to complete the main quests but I am super excited to level up my character and see how this goes!!

Starting Point:

Class: Rogue
Experience Points: 10XP 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

6 comments:

  1. Yay for being a rogue! Mage and knight seem to be very popular. I myself signed up for mage. :P I hope you like Invictus! That one's on my goodreads list! I've never heard of Annie on my Mind! I'll have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mage would have been my second choice I think!! But I'm always Rogue so for traditions sake just had to go with that one! Good luck with your picks!!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with this challenge! :)

    I've heard a bunch of good things from my library patrons about Powerless.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read it now and it was really good! A lot of fun and some great characters!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I didn't know you'd be participating in this one. I wanted to, even though I'm not a fan of video games, but I'm really bad at following a TBR, so decided it wasn't for me. The graphics are the cutest thing ever, though. Anyhow, GOOD LUCK!! You'll ace this.

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one fits in super well with my planned TBR for September anyway!! Which I feel like is kinda cheating but joining this was motivational?

      Delete