Wednesday 16 August 2017

Wednesday Catch-Up 16th August 2017

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? You can click any of the images to go to the Goodreads page for that book!

Currently Reading:

WantedA Beautiful Poison
I am currently reading two books - which is fairly unusual for me. I started Wanted which is an ARC I got at YALC (although it actually is already out now) and a sequel/companion novel to Spelled which I read and enjoyed last year. And I am buddy reading A Beautiful Poison with Vera @ Regal Critiques - I am about 50 pages into this one currently and am enjoying it although its a little more depressing than I had anticipated. 

Recently Finished:

Pretty FierceBeing Miss NobodyPowerless
Pretty Fierce was a fun and exciting read, a little implausible at times but otherwise a good read. My full review can be found here. Being Miss Nobody was a very moving, very relatable account of social anxiety in secondary school and of cyber bullying. I found it to be a difficult read at times (as someone with social anxiety) but definitely worthwhile, my review for this will be going up tomorrow. And Powerless was a really great and exciting superhero/villain read. I would have liked more world building perhaps and could have done with a lot more explanation and backstory for where heroes and villains came from and what the actual difference between them is but I really enjoyed it and very much want to read the sequel. My review for this should go up on Saturday!

Planning to Read Next:

Shifting Sands: Tradecraft: Phase OneInvictusWater in May
My next planned read is Shifting Sands which I received for review recently. It looks like a good adventure/action read which is a kind of novel that I absolutely love so I am excited to get started on this one. I will then be reading Invictus which I got at YALC (and then got signed) it's time travel and a tight knit crew doing potentially not very legal things and I love that combination! And then I will be reading Water in May which I know very little about but everything I do know is good. 



You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

8 comments:

  1. Invictus has me curious with the time travel element, I haven't decided to get it yet for sure but kinda leaning that way. Powerless looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything else by Ryan Graudin yet but this one just really appealed to me!!

      Delete
  2. I keep noticing and wishing for Being Miss Nobody. I am curious about Pretty Fierce.

    Enjoy your week,and thanks for sharing. Here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read Being Miss Nobody, it really was excellent!

      Delete
  3. I love the cover for Wanted and I wouldn't have though A Beautiful Poison would have been depressing. I've seen Invictus around quite a bit lately and I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers for the whole Wanted series are so amazing - I get major shoe envy! And yeah A Beautiful Poison looked glamorous and pretty to me but it definitely has a dark side!

      Delete
  4. A Beautiful Poison sounds really great, I can't wait to see your thoughts about it!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great!! Very dark and intriguing and the mystery was pretty perfect! Definitely recommend it!

      Delete