Sunday 29 April 2018

Sunday Post 29th April 2018

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader.

Last Week on the Blog:


  • Monday Highlights
  • Clare Reviews: The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty

Books We Got Last Week:

The Perfect StrangerThink of Me Demon (War of the Myth Book 2)SkylarksI Stop Somewhere
PacificaStyleThe Abyss Surrounds Us (The Abyss Surrounds Us, #1)The Edge of the Abyss (The Abyss Surrounds Us, #2)
Think of Me Demon was kindly sent to me by the author after I finished (and loved) the first book in the series. And then I went on a bit of an LGBTQ spree and got Skylarks which I've not heard of before but have high hopes for, Style which was recommended to me on Twitter and The Abyss Duology which I have wanted for the longest time. The Perfect Stranger, I Stop Somewhere and Pacifica were all impulse buys because they sound so good!


Reading Update:

The City of Brass by S.A. ChakrabortyElemental Claim (War of the Myth #1)
The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty: 4.5 stars, I really enjoyed this. My review is already up - linked above - and I definitely recommend checking this out because it was a great read.
Elemental Claim by Miranda Grant: 4.5 stars, Honestly the best Paranormal Fantasy I've read in a really long time. I adored the characters a lot and the story was fast paced and well written. Review coming soon. 

5 comments:

  1. I Stop Somewhere left me an emotional mess. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to read Elemental Claim. Both it and it's sequel really intrigue me. I just grabbed City of Brass from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine just let me borrow her copy of The City of Brass and I can't wait to get to it!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh The Perfect Stranger looks good, I've been wanting to read more Megan Miranda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cover for City of Brass!

    ReplyDelete