Saturday 24 December 2016

Twas the Night Before Christmas Book Tag

I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already!!! I am not sure who created this tag (so please do let me know) but it seemed such a perfect fit for Christmas Eve so I hope you enjoy it!


"'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the houseNot a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;The children were nestled all snug in their beds;While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,Had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap,"

Name a Book that Made You Fall Asleep
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff is the only one I can think of right now. I didn't fall asleep reading it but it took me over a week to read.



 "When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter."
A Book That Made Your Heart Race
Illuminae and Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I love these books so much. And they are so exciting - especially Gemina.


"Away to the window I flew like a flash,Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.When what to my wondering eyes did appear,But a miniature sleigh and eight tiny rein-deer,"

Name a Magical Book
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling. At Christmas especially I always seem to find myself coming back to Harry Potter. And I can't think of any books more magical than these.



 "With a little old driver so lively and quick, I knew in a moment he must be St. Nick."
Choose a Twinkle Eyed Book Character That Made You Happy
Eva from Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan. She was so positive and happy despite everything and I just adored her so much.

"So up to the housetop the coursers they flew, With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too—"
A Book That Made You Fly to Another Land
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. I was so immersed in this book and it's world. Everything about it felt real to me.

 "And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof. The prancing and pawing of each little hoof."
Name a Book Creature You Love
I am going with the Fantastic Beasts screenplay here and saying every single magical creature. The "Fantastic Beasts" were just amazing and took on such real characters of their own.

"He was dressed all in fur from his head to his foot, And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;"

A Character That Proves to be More Than Their First Impressions
Warner from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. I can't think of any other character who had such hidden depths. 

 "He had a broad face and a little round belly, That shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly."
A Book That Made You Laugh
Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan. All of Riordan's books make me laugh - this was just the most recent of his that I read and I loved it!

 "A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread."
A Book That Makes You Feel Safe
Any of my favourite Childrens classics work for this (eg. Anne of Green Gables, Pollyanna or What Katy Did) but also, any Georgette Heyer novel. I just love them.

"He spoke not a word but went straight to his work, And fillled all the stockings then turned with a jerk."
A Book You Felt You Really Needed to Concentrate On
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. This book took me forever to read because I wanted to make sure I was taking everything in and fully understanding it. And because it's such a long book that took a lot of concentration.


"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"
Choose a Book with a Magnificent Ending
The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis. It was a tough ending to read but it's one I will always, always remember and that makes it magnificent!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

2 comments:

  1. I hear so many mixed things about Nevernight. Some love it, some not so much. And I need to read Gemina! Crooked Kingdom too since reviews seem to be very positive.

    The Fantastic Beasts sound awesome, I still need to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of problems with Nevernight but I can see why people love it - it just really didn't work for me! I hope you read Gemina and Crooked Kingdom soon - they're two of my favourite books this year! Can't believe you haven't seen Fantastic Beasts yet! I loved it!

      Delete