Sunday 25 December 2016

Sunday Post 25th December 2016

STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! 

Last Week on the Blog:

  • Clare Reviews: Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan
  • Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under my Tree
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Top 5 Fictional Items I'd Give as Gifts
  • Ann Reviews: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
  • Friday Reads
  • Twas the Night Before Christmas Book Tag

Books We Got This Week:

This is a pre-Christmas haul! I am sure we will get more books today (I hope!) but we will be adding them to next Sunday's post!
Flashfall (Flashfall #1)Trapped in WonderlandThe Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
Flashfall by Jenny Moyer: This is one I have been curious about for a while, mostly I wont lie because of the cover! I am glad I finally have it and it does look so impressive.
Trapped in Wonderland by Dani Hoots: Thank you so much to Dani for sending me a signed ARC of this book. I will be doing a review for this in February and I am very excited to read this soon especially as I always love anything relating to Alice in Wonderland.
The Trouble with Dukes by Grace Burrowes: I am planning/hoping to do Bout of Books in January so I am collecting some quick reads which will hopefully kick off my year in a good way. This looks like a great historical romance. I don't think I've read anything by Grace Burrowes before but I've heard some good things. 

Reading Update:

Clare:
Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2)A Christmas TailChristmas Ever AfterThe Parisian Christmas Bake OffMince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market
Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan: 4.5 stars, I loved this, so funny and exciting and I loved Alex, the new character. I can't wait for book 3 now!
A Christmas Tail by Cressida McLaughlin: 3 stars, I did enjoy this but there were points where I kind of wanted to skip ahead. It's spread out across the year and the last section - Winter was definitely my favourite.
Christmas Ever After by Sarah Morgan: 4 stars, Loved this as well, the characters were great and it felt so very festive which I loved.
The Parisian Christmas Bake Off by Jenny Oliver: 3 stars, Not my favourite Jenny Oliver book but overall I did really enjoy it!
Mince Pies and Mistletoe at The Christmas Market by Heidi Swain: 3.5 stars, Really charming and fun and I really liked the romance. It was a great final Christmas read!


Next Week on the Blog:

  • Fairy Loot Unboxing
  • Top Ten Books of 2016
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Top 5 Characters I'd Invite to My New Years Eve Party
  • January Releases We're Excited About
  • Friday Reads
  • Bookish Resolutions

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holidays, and with those books, you are definitely in for a treat. Trapped in Wonderland grabbed my eye....enjoy!

    Thanks for sharing...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great time over the holidays as well! I am really excited for Trapped in Wonderland!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful haul and I've enjoyed seeing all your Christmas reads this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing them! I've really enjoyed immersing myself in Christmas reads! Will have to do it again next year!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas!!! Hope you got some books. :) Flashfall does look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had an amazing Christmas! I got NINE books which was more than I was expecting!! I am really excited for Flashfall now that I actually own it! :)

      Delete