Thursday 22 December 2016

Ann Reviews: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1)Title: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
Author: Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Series: Dash and Lily #1
Source: Purchased
Pages: 260
Rating: 4/5
Blurb: "I've left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don't, put the book back on the shelf, please."

Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favourite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?



This year I decided that I would read some Christmas books so I asked Clare for some recommendations and this was one that I really wanted to read and I really enjoyed it! The plot sounded amazing and I loved the idea of it. I also really loved how excited for Christmas the book made me feel because I really love Christmas.



The two main characters Dash and Lily were great characters but in different ways. However I thought that in the beginning of the book the two authors were trying to make both the characters seem very different to the readers by their views and beliefs about things. However as I read on in the story I think that the authors began to work better together and I began to forget that the book was written by two authors and not one. Overall I thought that all the characters were incredible and I loved that they had characters that all had different personalities and they weren't all similar. 



I thought that the plot of this was incredible and really loved how it was not only about the romance but it was also about how both Dash and Lily developed too. Although I was a little bit annoyed about the ending because I am now curious about what happened afterwards and I am very excited to read The Twelve Days Of Dash And Lily, which I will be reading soon. However although I loved the story and the beginning of the book I did think that it was a bit unrealistic but there was a small possibility that it could have actually happened.



I have never been to New York but I thought that the descriptions of all of the places sounded beautiful and I could picture them very easily in my head as if I had been there before and I wish I could have. I think that it is very hard to make scenes in books realistic but I think that they did it very well in this book, which was impressive.



Overall I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend that you read it if you love Christmas books or you are intrigued by the blurb because it really is am amazing book and I loved it!


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good and I may have to get this one. I love the idea of the premise and them getting to know each other through the notebook challenges- and nice too that they really seem to bring NYC to life. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really enjoyed this book and I hope that you do too if you decide to read it! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete