Wednesday 8 March 2017

Wednesday Catch-Up 8th March 2017

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? You can click any of the images to go to the Goodreads page for that book!

Currently Reading:

A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell, #2)The Princess Bride
I am about halfway through A Perilous Undertaking and really enjoying it! I had picked this one up earlier in the year but wasn't in the right mood for it and I am glad I didn't force it because now I am in the right mood. Veronica is such a great character and Raybourn does mysteries so well. I am also reading The Princess Bride (illustrated edition) which is just giving me so much joy. It's one of my favourite books and I am loving the illustrations so it's just great!

Recently Finished:

The Edge of EverythingA Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)The Ways of the World
The first book I finished this week was The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles which I was buddy-reading with Genni at Ready, Set, Read. It was a really good book and I definitely think I enjoyed it more as a buddy read than I would have reading it alone. Zoe as a character frequently annoyed me but felt real whilst X was so sweet and I just wanted to protect him. Definite insta-love though. I then read A Darker Shade of Magic which I really liked. The ending felt too complete though which means I don't feel as desperate for the next book as I thought I would be. The Ways of the World actually did end on a cliff-hanger but I still don't feel like continuing (maybe just not in the mood for series?) it was good though. 

Planning to Read Next:

I don't know! It could be anything! I was feeling totally stressed by my TBR pile (Do I read a review book? An old book? A book I just bought?) so I just put a bunch of them into a TBR jar and I will select my new books as I go. Hopefully no more stress!


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.
buzzoole code

4 comments:

  1. I am tempted by The Edge of Everything...enjoy your reading week, and thanks for sharing. Here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done the whole "pull a title of a jar" thing before & kind of miss the stress-free-ness of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so weird not knowing what my next book is but at the same time - so stress free! I don't think I'll stick with it forever but its definitely working for me at the moment!

      Delete