Saturday 25 March 2017

April Releases!!

My new releases post every month has become one of my favourite posts to put together. Not only do I love spotlighting the books I am excited for - I also inevitably wind up discovering other books to get excited for when I am checking for release dates. I hope you find new books to get excited about or if there are any books I haven't mentioned that are releasing in April please let me know! I love finding new books to add to my wishlist!

4th:

Alex, ApproximatelyDefy the StarsRed Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1)
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett: This sounds super cute and perfect for summer so I may not read this until then but I am still really excited for it!
Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray: I actually already have an e-arc of this from Netgalley and I definitely want to read it soon. Claudia Gray's books have been good ones for me in the past and this sounds like a great read!
Red Sister by Mark Lawrence: Again, I have an arc via Netgalley - I've actually never read anything by Mark Lawrence before but I've heard good things and fantasy with assassin nuns is just 100% my thing.

11th:

The Upside of UnrequitedDuels and DeceptionFireworksAlex and Eliza: A Love StoryLiterallyGiven to the Sea
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli: Probably my most anticipated book for the whole month. No definitely my most anticipated. How am I supposed to WAIT??? Simon vs is one of my all time favourite books so I am eagerly awaiting this one!
Duels & Deception by Cindy Anstey: Loved Love Lies and Spies last year and I am always a fan of historical romance so this is sure to be a fun and enjoyable romance!
Fireworks by Katie Cotugno: I've only read one Katie Cotugno book before but I was a huge fan of it and this sounds like another great summer read!
Alex & Eliza by Melissa De La Cruz: This is one of those books I am simultaneously excited for and terrified of! I love Hamilton (although living in Devon I've never actually seen it just listened to the soundtrack a hundred times) so there is always that fear that this wont live up to how much I loved the musical?
Literally by Lucy Keating: A book about a book within a book was how this was described to me. And we all love books about books right? 
Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis: I have loved every Mindy McGinnis book I've ever read (especially The Female of the Species which I just adore) so whilst the plot of this doesn't appeal to me as much as her previous books I am confident I will enjoy it because I love her writing so much!

18th:

Missing
Missing by Kelley Armstrong: Kelley Armstrong is pretty much an auto-buy author for me. I don't even need to know what her books are about half the time. I just want them. This is another YA thriller from her I believe and after I loved The Masked Truth (highly recommend btw) I know I have to read this as well!


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

6 comments:

  1. Defy the Stars and Alex, Approximately are definitely on my must- get list. And I'm kinda looking at Fireworks too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to read Defy the Stars really soon and Alex, Approximately is going on my wishlist - I may even break my book buying ban for it!

      Delete
  2. I saw Alex Approximately on a Waiting on Wednesday this week, and was intrigued. Must mean it's one to keep my eye on now that I've seen it here too. :) Duels and Deception also looks super fun! Hope you enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited for Alex Approximately! Hope you enjoy it if you do end up reading it! And yeah! Really excited for Duels and Deception! It should be great!

      Delete
  3. Alex, Approximately definitely sounds like the perfect summer read, I'm super excited for that one, as well. Though, I'm scared it might be too angsty? But hopefully not. Given to the Sea is another one I'm incredibly excited for. I'll wait until you read Defy the Stars before getting excited for it, because I've been disappointed by the author's novels before. I so hope it's going to be awesome, though. It surely sounds unique.

    Hope you'll get to read & enjoy all these novels.

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope not too! I want a light, fun summer read! Less angst!
      I'll let you know what I think when I read Defy the Stars then! Hopefully it doesn't disappoint - I've enjoyed all of her books that I've tried but I've steered clear of a few of them because of bad reviews!

      Delete