Friday 31 March 2017

Friday Reads 31st March 2017

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading!

Bad BloodThirteen Reasons Why
Book Beginning:
"Black smoke scalds my lungs." - Bad Blood
Friday 56:
"So many things could have gone so horribly wrong." - Thirteen Reasons Why
I am actually reading two books at the moment! Bad Blood is one I know next to nothing about. It appealed to me because of the title and cover and then I learned it was set in Scotland and as my Mum is Scottish that almost always appeals as well. So I am intrigued. And then I am doing a re-read of Th1rteen R3asons Why with Vera @ Regal Critiques. This is one of my favourite books of all time and I am very much looking forward to the Netflix adaptation!  
These are very short quotes this week but I like them both. The beginning from Bad Blood is very abrupt and immediately makes me want to know more. Whilst the 56 from Thirteen Reasons is so sadly apt. Because, of course, so many things did go horribly wrong.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

14 comments:

  1. Bad Blood looks pretty good based on that cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice excerpts. And two books to add to my pile. Thanks for sharing. My book today is Dancing the Death Drill by Fred Khumalo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read 13 Reasons Why but if it's re-read worthy then I think I'll bump it up my TBR!
    Cora ❤ http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! One of my all time favourites! Definitely worth a read!

      Delete
  4. I am listening to the audio for 13 Reasons Why and I am really enjoying it. I look forward to watching the mini-series soon. Bad Blood sounds interesting and that cover is so stunning! :)

    My BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've NEVER listened to the audio and I have no idea why because that would be an incredible experience!

      Delete
  5. The excerpt for Thirteen Reasons why has peaked my interest. Thanks for sharing.
    Here is my post
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2017/03/friday-memes-book-beginnings-friday-56.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both look good, but I have Thirteen Reasons Why on my wishlist.
    I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was on the verge of reading 13 reasons ... maybe i will eventually!

    Here's mine: http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2017/03/friday56-bookbeginnings-passione.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read 13 Reasons Why, but I want to try it. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard much about Bad Blood, but I like the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete