Wednesday 12 August 2015

Top 5 Required Reading

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by Ginger Reads Lainey and you can find the goodreads page here.

1) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
A bit of a cheat because I had already destroyed my first copy with over reading by the time we did it in school. But it was required reading so this counts right? Definitely my favourite Bronte book and probably in my top 3 favourite classics. I just love this book.

2) A Room With a View by E.M. Forster
I read this the summer before I was required to read this in college without even realising it would be required. Clever, huh? I remember loving this book the first time I read it. At one point me and one of my friends decided all questions could be answered by turning to a random page and reading the first sentence you saw. It actually worked eerily well.

3) Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare
My absolute favourite Shakespeare. Although whether that's because it's genuinely the best or because we just had a lot of fun reading it in college I don't know. Either way, I love it.

4) The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot 
My English teacher set me and a few others in my class a homework to read this book because we are gifted and talented in English. I loved this book it was one of the best books I have read and I don't normally like classics because I find them so hard to read.

5) Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
More Shakespeare. I kept trying to read on in class but unfortunately I wasn't allowed! Everyone knows this one. I just thought this was awesome. And I do not love this for the romance.

You can find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) and on Twitter (Ann and Clare)

No comments:

Post a Comment