Sunday 3 June 2018

Sunday Post 3rd June 2018




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader.


Books We Got This Week:

Sundark: An Elle Black Penny DreadThisby Thestoop and the Black MountainThe Pyramid WaltzA History of Glitter and Blood
Sundark by Elizabeth Watasin: I've unfortunately not got this cover - which looks all comic book cool - I have an alternative cover that I couldn't find on goodreads anywhere. This sounds like the book I've been looking for all summer - historical female led psychic mysteries. Specific genre but its what I'm really in the mood for.
Thisby Thestoop and the Black Mountain by Zac Gorman: I really want to read more Middle Grade - it has a charm I find in no other books. So I've subscribed to Owl Crate Junior which is so far really cool. This book isn't one I've heard of before but it looks brilliant.
The Pyramid Waltz by Barbara Ann Wright: If you ignore the cover (which I do not like and cannot take seriously) this sounds like a great book and its a short read so I should zip through it.
A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz: I ordered this about two months ago from Amazon Marketplace and by the time it arrived last week I'd forgotten about it - so this was a lovely surprise! I've been wanting to read this for the longest time!
A Whole Lotta Love: Florence Love 3The VanishingMeddling KidsNo Safety in Numbers (No Safety in Numbers, #1)
A Whole Lotta Love by Louise Lee: Many thanks to Headline for sending me a copy of this. This is the 3rd book in the Florence Love series. The second book was brilliant (I still haven't read the first), this will be published on the 28th of this month!
The Vanishing by Sophia Tobin: One of my all time favourite historical fiction writers. She is so incredibly good at tension and atmosphere - and her characters are incredible. 
Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero: I heard "Inspired by Scooby Doo" and hit buy if I'm honest. Then I learned there was some kind of Cthulu monster in it and was completely sold.
No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz: Bunch of people stuck in a quarantined mall. It goes from "fun novelty" to "oh dear god" in a really short space of time by the sounds of things. 
Escape to Pirate IslandMask of the HighwaywomanLegendary (Caraval, #2)Now a Major Motion Picture
Escape From Pirate Island/ Mask of the Highwaywoman by Niamh Murphy: Two historical LGBT romances, these both sounded great and I couldn't choose between them. So I didn't.
Legendary by Stephanie Garber: The sequel to Caraval. I enjoyed Caraval but didn't love it - and had some problems with it. So I'm keen to see where the series goes next. 
Now a Major Motion Picture by Cori McCarthy: This was a strong recommendation from Vera at Regal Critiques so I obviously needed to get it because I fully trust her judgement! 
Eve of ManThe Broken GirlsA Thousand Perfect NotesLight Years
Eve of Man by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher: I found out that they will be signing at YALC and I'd like to read this before then. I think its been a fairly long time since I've read a dystopian but I like Giovanna's writing (haven't tried Tom's before) and I'd love to meet them.
The Broken Girls by Simone St. James: One of my favourite authors in any genre. I had to order this from America because for some obscure reason it isn't released here until next year? But it was so worth it and I will be reading this very, very soon!
A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews: So excited to receive this in a subscription box! Fellow blogger Cait over at Paper Fury has just been published and this is it! So exciting and surreal to see a book from a blogger I've followed and admired! 
Light Years by Kass Morgan: And finally an ARC I received in a subscription box. This is one of my most anticipated reads for the end of the year so you can guess how thrilled I am to have it! I'm trying to know as little as possible about it and just enjoy the ride.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new books! I preordered Cait’s book, but it’s not here yet.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THisby Thestoop looks good- I like a good middle grade sometimes too. And they often have the best covers! No Safety In Numbers looks fun too, I've wanted to read that one for years but just never have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got some great books, I have Legendary on my TBR!! Have a great week!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/06/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I've been wanting to read The Broken Girls. Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend send me a copy of The Broken Girls by Simone St. James! I can't wait to dive in!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete