Sunday 24 June 2018

Sunday Post 24th June 2018

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader.

Last Week:


Books We Got This Week:


All of This Is TrueThe Boneless MerciesFrom Twinkle, with Love
Grump: The (Fairly) True Tale of Snow White and the Seven DwarvesSeeing RedWicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards Book 1)
Most of these came from Unboxings! Seeing Red was sent to me by the publisher and I'm excited enough for it that I might mess up my entire review schedule just to read it now! Wicked and the Wallflower was an auto-buy for me because Sarah MacLean is my second favourite Romance writer (Lisa Kleypas being first of course) and I love her books so much. Of the other four (you can watch the unboxings linked above) I think I am most excited for The Boneless Mercies because it's an ARC from one of my favourite writers (she does creepy so very well) and also Grump just because I'd never heard of it before and I love fairy tale retellings! 


Reading Update:

Kiss the Girl (Soho Loft, #1)
Kiss the Girl by Melissa Brayden: 5 stars, I've been looking for LGBTQ contemporary romance like this for so, so long. This was just like a Sarah Morgan novel. Light and fluffy, with an amazing friendship group, a gorgeous sexy romance, and some personal drama that really makes you fall for the characters. I am currently reading book 2 in the series and badly want to do a series review when I am done!! 


7 comments:

  1. I hope you like From Twinkle, With Love! I just finished reading it a couple days ago, and really enjoyed it. Twinkle can be a bit annoying, but I liked her (and the book) overall. Have a great week Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of books for great reading! I like Sandra Brown and I think I might have purchased the audiobook - Seeing Red or I might have seen it was available at the library. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boneless Mercies looks awesome- what a cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boneless Mercies looks really interesting. I hope you enjoy all of your new goodies.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of Seeing Red. Enjoy your new books! Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed Seeing Red...and I'm curious about Wicked and the Wallflower. Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, I can't be the only one who read the title for Kiss The Girl and had the song start playing in my head... Right?
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete