Sunday 30 July 2017

Sunday Post 30th July 2017

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it or click the title to go to the review.

I put this post together late Wednesday because we're currently in London for YALC - so it's not the most up to date post ever! But we will have a HUGE haul for next week. An embarrassingly huge haul. I have zero self control so put me in a convention entirely filled with books? You can guarantee I go mad! 

Last Week on the Blog:

  • Monday Highlights #16
  • 24 in 48 Wrap Up
  • Wednesday Catch-Up

Books We Got This Week:

AchillesDaughter of the Burning CityOtherworld (Otherworld, #1)
Achilles by Greg Boose: Received via Netgalley. This looks like there may be some survival elements which always excites me! 
Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody: This came in this month's Fairy Loot and I am very excited to read it! It's one of my most anticipated releases of the entire year!
Otherworld by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller: Received via Netgalley. I've honestly forgotten what this one is about sometime between requesting it and getting approved (does that happen to anyone else or am I just awful?) but it has a gorgeous cover!

Reading Update:

Tiny Pretty ThingsShiny Broken Pieces (Tiny Pretty Things, #2)First We Were IV
Tiny Pretty Things/Shiny Broken Pieces by Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton: 5 stars, These were possibly the most Slytherin books I have ever read. Every single character was morally dubious and did awful things. And I loved all of them. All of them. I already want to re-read these!
First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy: 4 stars, There was a great build up to this book. At first I thought it was rather slow but then as it went on it got more and more intense until the end which was insane. It had its faults but overall I did enjoy it.

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Monday Highlights #17
  • YALC Wrap Up
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Clare's July Wrap Up & August TBR
  • Friday Reads
  • Ann's July Wrap Up & August TBR


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooh hope YALC was awesome. Achilles and Burning City both sound pretty good- and I love the sound of that ending for First We Were IV. Strongly considering getting that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about Tiny Pretty Things and Shiny Broken Pieces. Sometimes morally dubious characters are compelling.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Otherworld has such a strange cover!
    Enjoy all your books :)
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete