Tuesday 30 June 2015

Top Ten Books Read So Far in 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and you can find their top ten here. So Ann isn't available for this one (maybe I can get her to add hers on later) so I have to go it alone. A lot of whether I love a book comes down to character, so I apologise in advance for all the "I loved the characters/the characters were amazing". They are in no particular order.

1) Rook by Sharon Cameron
Honestly this was kind of a surprise for me. I wasn't blown away by the description but I loved the cover. The first sentence hooked me completely and I was in love with the whole book. The romance was incredible (and not insta-love thank god) and the heroine was amazing.


2) Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
Oh boy was I looking forward to this one. I adored Cruel Beauty last year and I love fairy tale re-telling's. Little Red Riding Hood may seem like an odd choice to retell but it honestly worked so well. Rachelle is probably one of my all time favourite female characters now.


3) I Was Here by Gayle Forman

I really loved her If I Stay duology and the Just One Day duology but this one was, if possible, even better. I loved all the characters and I thought it was a difficult subject that was dealt with so so well.


4) All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

A similar issue to I Was Here but handled very differently. I know this is a really divisive book, some people love it some people hate it. But I couldn't do anything after I read this book. I was still so lost in the story and the characters.


5) Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard

Honestly this whole series. It was so difficult to get hold of in England and I eventually had to order it from America (and then wait forever for it to arrive) but it was so worth it. Very unusual and interesting.


6) I Am Her Revenge by Meredith Moore

Vivian is one of the most interesting characters I have ever read. Looked at objectively she is kind of the villain but she is so fragile and twisted but so strong on the inside and I just want to love her and protect her.


7) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Wow. I remember reading The Arabian Nights when I was a kid because it just looked like such a grown up book but I never really got into it. This however was amazing. The characters were wonderful, the romance was pretty near perfect. I cannot wait for the next book. Also the hardcover for this is one of the most gorgeous things ever.

8) The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson
I waited so long for this book comforted by the thought it would be the last one. But no, not  trilogy. There will be a fourth book. I am not sure I can survive the wait.

9) Solitaire by Alice Oseman
I picked this up more or less on a whim. And then ended up loving it. Its absolutely amazing and so well written, I am looking forward to Alice's next book a lot.

10) I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
My brother got this for me for my birthday (thank you John) and I really enjoyed it. The characters are very flawed and not always likable but I was so interested in what was going to happen.


So those are my top ten books I've read so far in 2015, there are loads of books to be read in the rest of the year and I am super excited for them! Let me know what your top ten books are.

No comments:

Post a Comment