Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Top 5 Halloween Recommendations

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by Ginger Reads Lainey and you can find the goodreads page here. Because neither of us usually read creepy or scary books, with the possible exception of a few ghost books (which we actually did a post on yesterday) we decided to do our Top 5 Halloween reads for this week instead.

The Splendour Falls
1) The Splendour Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Ann: I am very excited to read this because I read Texas Gothic recently and really loved it. I am hoping this will be as good.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
2) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
Ann: It sounds like a very creepy book and I am excited to read it. 

Delia's Shadow (Delia Martin, #1)
3) Delia's Shadow by Jaime Lee Moyer
Clare: I am actually just about to start this one. The cover is definitely creepy and I like the sound of it a lot. Ghost novels always seem to by my favourites.

This Monstrous Thing
4) This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
Clare: This is a Frankenstein retelling I think and I have heard so many good things about it. I am really excited to read this after Delia's Shadow.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
5) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Clare: I have actually had this on my Halloween TBR for about three straight years but I am determined to read it this year. I have heard nothing but good things and I love the idea of all the photographs throughout so I definitely have high hopes.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

8 comments:

miharu said...

Ooohh Delia's Shadow sounds intriguing! And that cover is ominous, like you can tell there is something dark about her XD Great choices!

Joan @ Fiddler Blue

embuhlee said...

This Monstrous Thing sounds pretty good! :D

Clare Stone said...

I just finished reading it and it was so much darker than I had expected! I completely expected creepiness and ghosts I did not expect terrifying serial killers! Not sleeping tonight!

Beatrice M said...

Great choices! I've only read Miss Peregrine's and it was an okay read to me but the pictures are creepy. I'm going to check some of these out. :)

Clare Stone said...

I hope so :) I am planning to read it next so hopefully I will like it!

Clare Stone said...

I am looking forward to Miss Peregrine, I have heard mostly good things but a couple of people, like you, thought it was just okay so fingers crossed I enjoy it!

Erin Readingwithwrin said...

I love the sound of Delia's Shadow I'm going to have to check it out!
In the summer I tried to read the coldest girl in cold town and just couldn't get into it. I would love to hear your thoughts on it, when you read it.

Ann Stone said...

I will probably be doing a review of it when I get around to reading it. Thanks for visiting!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Dual Reads