Sunday 15 July 2018

Sunday Post 15th July 2018

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader.

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:

Bright We Burn (The Conqueror's Saga, #3)
I'm technically on a book buying ban because we're off to YALC in under two weeks now and I will obviously be spending every penny I have up there! But I am buddy reading the And I Darken series so getting Bright We Burn was just sense!! 

Reading Update:

The Cactus
The Cactus by Sarah Haywood: 4 stars, My review for this will go up next week but I keep rewriting it because the more I think about it the more I love this book. The protagonist is unlike anyone I've read (or known) before and the whole tone is so unique and wonderful. 

12 comments:

  1. Have fun at YALC! Sounds fun. And Bright We Burn does look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read And I Darken now and was a tad underwhelmed? But still excited to read the rest of the series!

      Delete
  2. I'll be interested to hear more about YALC. Gorgeous cover on Bright We Burn; I've seen it about a bit this week. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be posting about it a lot next week!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your event...and your new books. Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good week and have fun at YALC! Enjoy your new book. I’m curious about that series, but I have no idea if I’ll ever get around to reading it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I can't wait to see your review of The Cactus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Had to push the review back because I still don't know what to say!! But it'll be up soon!

      Delete
  6. The Bright We Burn cover is gorgeous!
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really, really is! The covers for the whole series are such goals!

      Delete