Sunday 17 December 2017

Sunday Post 17th December 2017

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader.

We are moving house next Tuesday so I may be a little absent but I've got a few posts ready and I'll still check in with comments when I can!!


Last Week on the Blog:

  • Monday Highlights #34
  • Top Ten Books of 2017

Books We Got This Week:

Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe
Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe by Melissa De La Cruz: Received for review from Hodder. I am probably going to start reading this immediately because it's one of the few books I haven't packed and it's Christmas!! 


Reading Update:

Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
Accidentally on Purpose by Jill Shalvis: 5 stars, I love Elle SO much. She is the character I most relate to (although I thankfully don't have her past troubles). And Archer is amazing so I've been waiting for this book! And it didn't disappoint. Definitely my favourite book of the series.
Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis: 4.5 stars, Super got me into a Christmas spirit. Didn't love the romance as much as I loved Elle and Archer's but I always love these characters and Shalvis's writing so this was a delight. 

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Monday Highlights #35
  • Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings
  • Clare Reviews: The Dragon's Legacy by Deborah A. Wolf

4 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday!! And good luck moving. Pride & Prejudice and Mistletoe looks fun. I've only read a short story by de la Cruz but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Time to move. I hope it goes smoothly and you have fun organizing your new home:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really must read Jill Shalvis. Your books look very tempting.

    Good luck on the move! The last time I moved, ten years ago, I believe I suffered from PTSD afterwards...LOL. It is definitely life-changing. I actually used to move a lot, and then started setting down roots. The longer between moves, the more traumatic it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the move goes well! That cover for Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe is lovely and festive looking. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete