Friday 23 June 2017

Friday Reads 23rd June 2017

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading!

Beauty Queens
Book Beginning:
"This book begins with a plane crash."

Friday 56:
"It's such a tragedy that those sweet girls who follow the rules set down for women through the ages while also learning to walk in bathing suits and heels are the ones who are now missing."

This is actually one of my all time favourite books and I am re-reading it! It's so funny and the characters are amazing and just seriously, read it if you haven't already because this book is amazing. 

Link up to Monday Highlights

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

13 comments:

  1. I loved this book! The audiobook production was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of good things about Beauty Queens. I've only read one of Bray's other books (The Diviners)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the longest time I didn't realize that was lipstick and not bullets

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started reading Unseen by Pepper Winters, which is about a plane crash too. I love this cover and that alone makes me want to read the book.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used this book for a meme once (Cover Characteristics) and I remembered that I wanted to check it out. Still didn't get to it though. Still sounds intriguing though!

    Happy weekend and here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/06/friday-meets-23-june-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a funny read! I love the cover. I must add this one! Please, check out mine and why I'm so excited about it, here: http://bit.ly/2tVwfDJ

    Luv, Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been eyeing this book since it first came out...must add it to my list. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this one. I have liked all the books by Libba Bray that I've read but this seems so different from her other books. My YA pick this week is The Hypnotists by Gordon Korman which I bought at a book fair in 2013. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, that cover alone makes you want to pick it up and look inside. If it's worth re-reading, I'll definitely look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like such a blast! I'm adding this to my TBR. :) Thanks for sharing Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have fond memories of reading this book. Surprisingly it was never popular in my library. Too bad. <a href="https://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2017/06/friday-quotes.html>My Friday Quotes</a>

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cover with the lipstick looking like ammunition! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekeng :)Here's my Friday Post Inspiration PIe

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had this on my wishlist for forever now... I should get a copy soon! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete